Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Project Life 6" x 12"-Style with Trina

Hi everyone! It's Trina here today sharing how I used the May 2019 scrapbooking add-on kit in my 6" x 12" pocket page album. These days I do the bulk of my paper crafting in either my Life Crafted album or a 6" x 8" album. Once a month I create a two-page spread in my 6" x 12" album that documents something fun we've done or - more often than not - these photos and adventures that my daughter sends me from college, so this album spans almost 2 years.


I love Crate Paper's newest All Heart line and it's perfect to record many of life's little memorable moments. I created this 4" x 6" journaling card by cutting out part of one of the 12" x 12" sheets of pattern paper that come in our May Scrapbooking kit. I love Dear Lizzy's new tiny puffy alphabet stickers and added them to the card along with an All heart chipboard glitter heart and typewritten journaling.


Confession: One of the things I love about 6" x 12" is when I get to make a 6" x 12" scrapbook layout. Kira's fussy cut 3-to-Inspire project (on our May 18th blog) inspired me to do some fussy cutting of my own. I cut out some florals, gently folded back some pattern paper, then built a little field of flowers coming from the base of my page. I used the coppery tiny alphabet letters from the April "Make it a Venti" kit to spell out the wilderness title.


I can't say enough how much I adore Heidi Swapp's new Colorfresh gold puffy phrase and icon stickers. I could have hoarded these but instead they've been gracing my projects this month. The holographic pieces ("GIRL POWER") from the All Heart ephemera set change colors when they catch the light. L-O-V-E!


One of the beauties of mixing and matching the Life Crafted kit together with the monthly scrapbooking add-on kit is you have an abundance of treasures and new products to work with. Both of my kits are still going strong after many completed projects.

Do you like to mix up your size, formats and kits, too, when you create?

Happy day to all.

XO,
Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment