Friday, May 24, 2019

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here to share a couple more pages in my nephew's Life Crafted album using the May "Excursions" Life Crafted kit! This album is filling up fast, but luckily I grabbed a couple more from the shop so I'll be able to keep filling them up!


My first page was super simple to create but has loads of texture and dimension. I used two pieces of 6x8 patterned paper, trimmed both of them down to 4.25 inches wide and them trimmed one of those into strips. Each strip got border punched along one edge before being stitched onto the page and roughed up a little.


I added a few little embellishments and some stamping before adding my title. I love how the title and background tone into each other, such a subtle effect. A few dark blue splatters bring the darker tone from the top onto the bottom of the page.


For my second page, I used the Travel Icons cut file to create two little camera cut files, which I backed with pattern paper from the Life Crafted kit. Instead of using a patterned paper for the background, I stamped my own by using one of the tiny stamps from the Stamp Add-on.


I matted my photo with the book page from the kit to add a bit of contrast to the background, then I cut a few extra hearts to use as embellishments. I wanted my title to pop so I used some gold alphas from the February "Love Stories" Life Crafted kit.


I just adore these little albums and the fun little layouts you can make to go in them, and I can't wait to carry on filling up the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment