Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Traveler's Notebook Challenge with Marsha

Hey friends!  Marsha here today, and I'm excited to share a TN challenge with you.  For my layout, I used the May Life Crafted "Excursions" Kit, the This is Life "Free Spirit" Stamps, and the digital Free Spirit stamps.

Here's a look at my TN layout:


My challenge for you is to use the digital stamps and hand stitching in your traveler's notebook.  I used the colorful leaf patterned paper as inspiration for this page.  To begin the layout, I used Photoshop to enlarge and recolor the leaf stamp from the digital Free Spirit stamps.  I printed it on vellum at about 3 inches wide.  Using a piercing tool, I followed the edges of the image and did a simple back stitch using white embroidery floss.  This took extra time, but I love how it turned out!  I adhered it to the page using liquid glue, being careful to only add the glue to the stitching so it would not show through the vellum.


For the other side of the page, I adhered my photo to a tag from the ephemera pack.  I used some other die cuts from the pack to embellish the page, adding staples and twine for interest and texture.


Using the Free Spirit stamp set, I stamped some leaves using two different colors of ink to match the layout.  I fussy cut them and tucked them under the edge of the photo.  It's always fun to add stamped embellishments to a project.

For the title, I trimmed one of the die cuts and used the aqua mint puffy alpha stickers to finish it off.  I added a few more stamps from the stamp set and stamped the date at the bottom of the spread.


Here's a final look at the completed project:


Thank you for joining me today!  I hope you will try adding a digital stamp and hand stitching to your next TN spread.  Be sure to share your project using this challenge on the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page on Facebook or using #citrustwistkits on Instagram.




No comments:

Post a Comment