Friday, May 3, 2019

Life Crafted with Patricia



I'm so excited to be with you today to share a Life Crafted spread with you using two of the new pocket pages now available as well as the brand new May Life Crafted - Excursions kit.


For my right side, I used the new Page Protector #3, 4x6 Pocket + Journaling Spot.  I started on that side because I wanted to use a large photo and cut it in half, but do you see how I used the pocket upside down?  Confession, this was a goof, but a really good one.  I could have fixed it, but I loved the photo cut to fit the pockets because of the composition, and even though the pockets are open from the bottom, I have enough fluff in them, they won't slip out.

 

The May Life Crafted kit can literally go in so many directions.  It is all about Excursions, anywhere...the beach, the mountains, camping, life in general, even home.  The embellishments, die cuts, stamps all worked perfectly for this in-our neighborhood walk.  And my photo had enough whitespace that I used all of these elements to layer over it.  I used both the Life Crafted stamp set and the new Free Spirit stamp set.


I am such a big fan of the papers from Citrus Twist.  I used the floral one as my background, and then layered the triangle paper over it.  But before adhering it over it, I added machine straight stitching to add some texture.  I trimmed a die cut to use just that bottom to peek out underneath.

For my left side, I used the Page Protector #2, 3x4 Pockets.  Before I added my journaling, I penciled around the flower die cut so I could type my journaling and then foam adhere that back.  Then I added the Life Crafted Excursions stamp sentiment 'RightHere' along two sides of it to bring in a little more of the pink from the right.  


I die cut a few different items available this month.  I love the Travel Titles this month!  I used the 'Life' on top of my photo.  I really loved the triangle die cut with 'Always Wander' inside of it, but I wanted to use the card with the saying I had picked.  So I used the Silhouette software to remove that sentiment, and then did an offset to get just the outline of a triangle.  Trimmed it to fit, and added more stitching.  Then I used the 'here' that was part of the 'here and there' title at the bottom of that card to finish this spread.  I always try to bring balance and repetition in some way when I create, so besides balancing colors on each side, I am using several angled elements:  the pattern paper on the right, the cork embellishment, and the triangle die cut.


Hope you enjoy seeing this little album grow and become fuller as much as I have!  Please share what you create with your kits in our Facebook group and/or on Instagram tagging @citrustwistkits so we can see!


No comments:

Post a Comment