Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial With Jennie

Hello!  I am excited to share with you today a few steps to using the October [or any!] Citrus Twist Little Things Pocket Life kit in your planners!  I've used the papers, die cuts and stamps in my Happy Planner® and I'm excited to show you show you how I use them functionally and decoratively!


For reference, this is a BIG Happy Planner® which is letter size.  Meaning, the sheets are the same size as a regular piece of paper.  This is the planner that I use as a memory planner.  I put in our regular activities, plus photos, journaling and embellishments.  My most favorite embellishments to add are stamping and die cuts, with punched patterned paper rounding out the top.


One way I like to add stamping is by adding stamping on a piece of cardstock [you could as easily use a piece of patterned paper].  This does two things.  One, it helps you in case you make a mistake or get a little messy. Two, you can add a little bit of variety or visual interest to your page.  I used the Griffin Alpha Stamp to stamp the time of the activity.  I love how not only it looks, but how cost effective this is, as well!


Now, on this side you can see I did a couple of other stamping spots.  One, I simply stamped the time directly to the page.  I am a huge fan of the simplicity.  It's uncomplicated and straight to the point.  I also stamped directly on top of a die cut.  I love this!  It combines function and decoration!

But, stamping is not the only thing I love.  I also love die cuts on my pages, as you can see from the photos I've already shared.


I want to say that this cluster is my favorite, but I'm not sure I can choose!  However, what I can say is that I love that woodgrain frame included in the Little Things Pocket Life Kit.  It IS my favorite. [And I love the woodgrain combined with the black and white patterned paper!] By using several pieces from the package of die cuts, along with a punched piece of the patterned paper included with the kit - I've added an area on my planner pages to rest and look at the details.  I don't add a lot of other embellishing, other than these clusters, if you'll notice. I like to focus on the photos and activities and add decorative spots.


This is a similar idea to the cluster I shared above.  However, due to space AND wanting to have one primary cluster [the first I showed], this one is a bit smaller.  However, I've still included 3 items that have coordinating colors so they are all tied together.



Unrelated, I felt like I hit the jackpot when I saw the words SLOW DOWN included in the package - because these photos of my son on his seventeenth birthday needed these words to accompany them. A little more involvement here, a few more working pieces, but still has the same weight as the other clusters. I don't want any of them to feel like they are vastly different, as they are all the same importance.  But having them slightly varied makes them more interesting, so I enjoy that not one of them looks like the same - even though they coordinate.

Are you stamping or using die cuts in your planners?  Have you tried the die cuts that come in the Pocket Life kits?  Make sure to share with Citrus Twist on Facebook or tag them on Instagram so we can see how!


No comments:

Post a Comment