Thursday, October 11, 2018

Product Highlight - Wood Veneer Cuts with Neftali



Happy Thursday everyone! Neftali back to share with you two very unique ways you can use the woodgrain cutouts that are included in this months "Little Things" Scrapbooking kit. If you are wondering how you can include them in your pages or need a few extra ideas I've got TWO ways for you to do it today!

First let's start off with using the cutouts as titles. I personally love using any words as titles rather than using alphas. Which is why you will always see me use up my thickers as titles in most of my pages. However, I thought that these wood veneer words would be able to complete the job perfectly. So I used the one with the word "Go" as my title of this 12x12 page below:





I not only used this piece as my title, but I tried to make it stand out as much as possible. In order to do so, I kept my layout super duper minimal by including the free October 2018 Leaf Frame cut file on white cardstock with some white stitching. 



I kept my photo black and white and the only other thing I added was typed journaling below my photo. 



That is literally all I did! I feel like it all goes well together and all the important details are the center of attention: my title, photograph, and journaling. DONE. 



If you're wondering whether you should add the wood veneers to your Traveler's Notebooks, I say go for it! They will add some slight dimension to your page, but not without some natural texture and interest. I call that a win, and that's what my next example for using these pieces is about.



I recently started a pregnancy TN using the CTK exclusive mini travelers notebook covers and have been documenting certain aspects of my pregnancy. This time I decided to use the "Eat" wood veneer cutout to document the story of my dietary restrictions while pregnant. 



I thought it would be a sweet touch to add the wood veneer straight on to my photo! It might work as a title, but it also works as the "theme" of the story from my journaling on the left hand side.



This was also a very quick way to document using the wood veneers and the pay off is great when the pieces are placed above a nice bright photograph. They just pop!



So, crafty friends, these were two fun ways you can use your wood veneer word cutouts in both 12x12 and TN formats. Can you think of any more ways? If you do, share your ideas and projects with us on the CTK Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're all enjoying these sweet crisp Fall days. Stay crafty friends, xo.




No comments:

Post a Comment