Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Trina, Nathalie & Emma



Hi CTK friends! It's Nathalie, Emma & Trina on the blog with today's Sunday Sketch :)

First up, here is a look at the sketch:




It seems like most days with my daughter, McKenzie, off at college, that my pages tell many of her "away" stories. I'm lucky enough that she calls, texts and sends photos home on a regular basis. This page is sharing one of her stories, so it seems perfect to use this vintage book page from our October Little Things Scrapbooking kit. I started by simply stitching the book page down to my 6" x 8" PL page to create a mini layout.

The little crosses on the sketch inspired me and (mostly) I grabbed from the Scrapbooking kit to fussy cut them from the smaller patterned papers. Pretty much I love sprinkles of anything on my pages!



I also used exclusive patterned papers and embellishments from the Little Things Pocket Life kit that I absolutely love. In addition, the Little Things October Traveler's TN stamp was perfect for stamping sentiments on the page. I used my Tiny Attacher to staple some elements on the page. (Who else uses a Tiny Attacher just for the look of having staples without actually stapling something down?!)


I don't like flat pages and often add foam pop dots beneath some elements to add dimension. I did this with the fussy cut flowers in the photo below.




I can't wait to see what you do with this month's sketch. As you can see, all 3 of us took different approaches to the sketch, so have fun and please share!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!  No surprise that I love a sketch; it's such a huge time saver for me (and life is pretty crazy right now so it's the perfect solution to get a layout finished!).  And this week's sketch is a super fun one.  Here's my take:



I have used this month's Main kit and teamed it up with a few sentiments from this months TN Stamp.

My background paper is plain white cardstock cut slightly smaller than 6x8 so I could back that up with one of the pattern papers (Indigo Hills v2 “Ridge” by Pinkfresh) to create a subtle border around my page.

For the background I used one of the stencils from Vicki Boutin's Field Notes Stencil Set (sadly it's sold out at the moment!).  One of the circle stencils has the exact cross pattern I needed so I just used some modeling paste (left it in white) and positioned them in a few spots on the top left of my page (to match the sketch).


I also hand-cut a few of the crosses from one of the Maggie Holmes papers using my scissors (so they're far from perfect!) and just popped them on top, once the modeling paste had dried ;)


I positioned my photo roughly centered, height wise)  on the right of my page and instead of having 2 photo's like the sketch, I've just used a large die-cut piece to anchor it.  Then I stamped a few sentiments underneath to fill the white space underneath (how perfect is this month's TN stamp?! Love it!).



To finish off the page I added a couple of the flower die-cuts in opposite corners of my page, popped a couple puffy heart stickers on, then added a bit of machine stitching (because my pages feel naked without it) and called it done! 


The only slow part  in putting this page together was waiting for the modeling paste to dry (but even then I just left it sitting under the heater vent in my room so it didn't take long lol).

Take care, Em xo


               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there! How awesome are Trina and Emma's designs!  I find sketches a great starting point for a project, as they are a building base of your page; but let me show you my take on the sketch...




I used the Main and Embellishment kits along with the TN stamp set to create my page, and of course a bit of mixed media!



I created my background using some watercolor paper and a few of the Pinkfresh Studio liquid watercolors (available in the CTK shop).  I wanted to bring the blue/purple color in the Indigo Hills 2 ephemera (included in the Main kit) so that all the other colors will stand out.



Next i used an old Heidi Swapp stencil and some texture paste to create the white crosses on the background.  While this dried, i cut a few crosses from some of the papers, and used  a bit of foam adhesive to attached them to page.   I decided to switch the placement  of  the title; so, I added used some gold paint to color one of the wood pieces -included in the Scrapbook kit- and layered a piece of ephemera under it.







I kept pretty true to the sketch from then on.   First i used papers from the kit to back and layer the photos of my son, and then just switch the position of them a bit.   Once in place, i added a few extra stickers from the Embellishment kit, as well as some elements from the cut apart page.  To finish, i added a few sentiments to the page using the TN stamp (love all the phrases included in this month's stamp set!)



I love how easy this was to put together by using the sketch as a blueprint for my page, and mixing in a bit of this month's "Little Things" kit.   

Now it's your turn - we can't wait to see how you interpret this weeks Sunday Sketch. Remember to share them with us in the CTK Facebeook Fan Page!

xo



1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Are the sketch challenges (and also the 3 for 1 challenges) just for fun, or are there prizes involved?

    ReplyDelete