Monday, October 22, 2018

Customized Embellishments

Hey crafty friends, Melanie here with a fall layout today.
Autumn is my favorite season, I love everything about it I am taking a lot of pictures at this time of the year. You can imagine how excited I was about using the 'Falling' cut file from the shop this month. I cut it out of white cardstock with my silhouette with some additional leaves.
I placed the cut file on the beautiful paper from the Scrapbook Kit, which makes such a nice background for my page.


I colored the leaves with the Pink Fresh Studio water colors (available in the shop) so they would go with the  colors of the paper.



I placed my photo in the middle of the page and layered it with some papers from the Scrapbook Kit and some of the cutaparts. I also tucked in a flower embellishment and white leaves for more interest.




I placed the leaves all over the page on a slight diagonal, like they had fallen down, using some foam adhesive for more dimension.



For some contrast and to complete my title (this song always reminds me of my granny), I stamped the word 'leaves' in black ink making it a little crooked, so that it looks like fallen leaves. I used the Griffin Alphabet, which is gorgeous, love me a serif font! And look how perfectly it goes with the cut file!


I really love, how the page turned out and how my leaves look! I hope, I inspired you to make matching embellishments for your project. When you don't have a Silhouette, you can always cut out some leaves by hand or use any other shape for this technique. 
Don't forget to share what you created in our Facebook Group and on Instagram using the hashtag #citrustwistkits so we can find your work!

Happy crafting, Melanie






No comments:

Post a Comment