Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Let's Get Digital | Amanda Baldwin



Hi CTK Friends! 

Amanda here, sharing a super fun Fall layout for today's Let's Get Digital post!
I have used the FREE Leaf Frame file with my Silhouette Sketch Pens for a really fabulous mixed media look! 
Here's what I created....

"Small Things, Great Love" 



Isn't this gor-jus?!! All the Fall fabulousness here! 
I have featured the Little Things Pocket Life Kit, and combined it with wood veneer from the Little Things Scrapbook Kit, as well as fussy cut butterflies from the Vicki Boutin paper in the Pattern Paper Play Kit. 
But it's the Leaf Frame File that really makes this layout! 
The Leaf Frame file has been designed by our very talented Nathalie DeSousa, 
& looks like this....


Cut file - FREE - Leaf Frame - October 2018
So awesome!!!
You can download the Leaf Frame Digital Cut File from the CTK Store HERE

I enlarged this file so it would frame around edge of my 12 x 12" cardstock base, & then used Silhouette Sketch Pens (Orange & Red ) to draw the enlarged digital file.
I loosely paint the leaves with the fabulous Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors in Candy Apple, Clementine, Sunshine & even a tiny amount of Lavender! I love the flow and vibrancy of these liquid watercolors! 
Here's a closer look for you.....


Sketch Pens are water soluble, so I use this 'ink bleeding' to my advantage,  & blend to create a little tone within my messy water coloring. I also add a few inky splatters for good measure. So cool! 
Here's another view for you....


Sketch Pens are really good fun, and combined with the Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolors, they're super effective too! 
Those fussy cut butterflies are such a pretty adornment too! 
The laugh veneer from the Scrapbook Kit coordinates perfectly with both the Fall, outdoorsy theme of my layout.


It's also a pretty accurate descriptor of the story in my photo too! Aren't they just the cutest?!

I layer my favorite Fall photo onto that exclusive PL journal card, and then layer die cuts and 6 x 8 pattern paper beneath it all. 
Super simple creating that's tons of fun, and looks super effective! 

And there you have it! My fun take on this month's Let's Get Digital highlight! 
I hope you'll download this FREE file (and more) from the CTK shop HERE, and get a little creative too! 

Thanks so much for visiting, 
til next time, 













No comments:

Post a Comment