Monday, October 15, 2018

Pocket Page with Candace


Hello CTK friends!  Happy Monday and welcome back to the blog!  Today I wanted to share a fun pocket page spread I put together using the October pocket life kit.

Earlier this month my boys were going through past albums and I found a few spreads from 2016 that I missed! OH NO!  I was glad that I found them and I remembered a few details from the week so I could still add some journaling.  Finding this just reminds me again how important memory keeping is to me and capturing our family's special moments and memories.




Since I already had all the photos printed out and placed in the pockets all I had to do is pick out the perfect cards from the October kit.  I started with the title card and typed the date in the lower left hand corner with my vintage typewriter.  To add just a bit of detail I added an adorable wood veneer to the sentiment that perfectly described our week! 




My favorite card on the spread is definitely the "On My Heart" card.  I decided to make it a journaling card about different attributes that I love about my little guy who turned 5 this week.  I love how it turned out!


On the next card I added a bit more journaling about my little Will.  I think it is so important to add these little characteristics and details to your pocket pages.  It is always the things that you think you will never forget that tend to slip away over time...so write it all down!



In my last 4x6 pocket I had a 3x4 card and photo.  I adhered them both to a 4x6 card so they would not move around in the pocket.  I added a bit of journaling about our family hike that month and then added the circle wood veneer (that might be my favorite part of all the kits this month!).  


I am so glad that I stumbled upon this spread, that I had missed, and was able to add a few heartfelt details to capture this week.  I am so in love with all the goodies in the October kits and I am so thankful for this memory keeping project!  

Have a beautiful day & keep preserving those memories! 



No comments:

Post a Comment