Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Emma & Anna




Hi dear CTK friends, Emma and Anna here today, sharing our projects with you, based on this fun sketch!

We hope you can play along as well and we would love to see your take on this sketch. To enter the challenge, post your project in the CTK Fan Page at Facebook with today's date (July 8) in the title.
We can't wait to see where this sketch will take your creativity.

Emma KWs foto.


Anna's first out and here's what I came up with using the July Skyland Scrapbook kit. I'm just blown away, it's divine so if you don't have signed up for one yet do it right now since it selling fast :)


I've sticking to the sketch quite closely, just flipping it a bit. I love how the sketch invites for lot's of white space which I love. I  totally fell in love with the citrus papers and die cut's by Pinkfresh Studio so I proceeded from that.




I did some stamping (using the stamp set from the Scrapbook kit) as sort of my journaling. I didn't get it stright but  saved it with one of the gorgeous yellow CTK exclusive puffy stickers.  The shape of the heart and how I positioned it kind of strigthened it up at  least I think so, lol!


I love labels and especially to stack them together in layers, YUM! And a few stitches doesent make it worse, lol!

That's all from me right now. And here comes Emma (I adore her work) with her absolutely gorgeous layout. Take a cup of something you love and just enjoy! 

----------------------------------------------------

Hi friends!  I absolutely ADORE Anna's take on this sketch (so clever!! wish I could remember to spin them around like that!) and her page is stunning.  

I've been a little less creative in my interpretation ;) of this sketch but that's the best part about sketches - they can spark different ideas or (if you're like me and having a bad week) you can whip a page up in no time by following the design and end up with a page you love!



I've used the Skyland Main Kit (along with a couple stickers from the Pocket Life) and the awesome Conversations Starters Stamp for my  page.  I love that background striped pattern paper but found the colour were a little too over powering for the page so I popped a bit of the vellum on top to tone it down.  



I've placed my photo and title just like the sketch (how fun are those chipboard alphas?!) and machine stitched them in place.  I did make a small change from the sketch, in that instead of having another photo in the top left of my page I popped one of the big epoxy stickers to the right of my photo instead!  I'm such a rebel I know ;)



For my embellishing I tried to make sure I kept with the rainbow pattern and added coordinating pieces to the striped pattern paper as well as adding a few mist splatters to fill some of that white space I have on the right of my page!


To finish it off I added a bit more machine stitching on the left side of my page and popped some of the adorable puffy hearts on the edge of my vellum paper (in matching colours, of course!) and called it done.  I am so happy how this page turned out - using the sketch made this such a huge time saver for me!

Now it's your turn - Anna and I can't wait to see how you interpret this weeks Sunday Sketch. Remember to share them with us in the CTK Facebeook Fan Page!

Take care, Em xo


6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful interpretations of the sketch - love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! Thank you dear friend! You are awesome!! 😍😘 xo

      Delete
  2. Such a fun sketch and I love both layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh!! Thanks so much lovely Donna!! You are so sweet and kind!!! xo

      Delete
    2. Thanks Donna! Was such a fun sketch, hope you'll join in?! ;)

      Delete