Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira


Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with this week's Sunday Sketch!  Here's a look at the sketch:




I have been playing around with a new scrapbooking size recently, 8.5x11.  And if I am being completely honest, I haven't been sold on it until this layout.  This sketch was the perfect way to really find my groove with this size.



I stuck with the main kit and started by cutting down the PFS "Happy Life" paper.  This paper is basically my love language.  The subtle grid pattern topped with fun icons in gorgeous colors???  Swoon!  I thought the paper worked perfectly for these photos of my youngest son at the beach.



I wanted a nice contrast between my background paper and the next paper layer, so I grabbed the Heidi Swapp "Sugarhouse" and used the b side with that gorgeous blue stripe which pulled the blue from my son's shorts.  I used this same paper for the lower strip of paper as well.  Some machine stitching was added for some texture. 

The PFS "Lemon Lush" was perfect to break up the blue a bit.  I used both sides to add lots of brightness to my page.

And then the alphas...oh em gee...how perfect are these alphas?!  I need about ten sheets of them.  I decided to title my page "Just Beachy" and chose letters in the pink/teal/gold.  I layered "just" under "beachy" to give some added dimension to my page.



I finished off the page with a few die cuts from the Sweet and Simple die cut pack, along with a label from the cut apart sheet.  I added some splatters in gold and called this page done.



I loved this sketch so much, that I thought it would be fun to use in a travelers notebook spread.  I stuck fairly close to the sketch again, but this time using the add-on kit.  Here's a few pictures of my layout:





I hope you've been inspired to try out this sketch, regardless of what format you scrap in!  I can't wait to see how you use it!

xo, Kira                    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment