Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Amanda



Happy Sunday Friends! 

Amanda here with a really fun sketch to share & inspire you with! 


Isn't this fun?! 
I love the simplicity of this design! A nice & easy, one photo layout - perfect for lazy Sunday scrapping! 
And here's my take on the sketch.....

"Summer Paradise Found" 


Summer Lovin'!  
I have used the gorgeous Skyland Pocket Life Kit for this sweet page. 
The Summer themed vintage ephemera, and beautiful 6 x 8 papers complimented my photograph perfectly!


As you can see, I really kept to the sketch design, with the only variance being that I enlarged the size of the layers beneath my photo. I could have easily flipped or rotated this sketch, but when it's a lazy Sunday it's good to just match pretty papers to your photo, and glue! 
Here's a few close ups for you.....


Just look at those embellishments! Apart from the darling retro Summer die cuts, those exclusive Puffy Stickers and Freckled Fawn One Happy Day Epoxy Stickers are just awesome! 
I love adding sewing and thread to layouts, and in keeping with the sketch I machine stitch that tab/ticket embellishment at the top right  hand side of my layout. I add more messy threads to my layers, and even stitch that 4 x 6" card to the base of my layered papers. 
You'll also spy that I used a Skyland Free Digital Cut Apart tab, love you to distraction as part of my story telling & journaling. So sweet!


With such a clean and fresh page, I decide to use the die cut ephemera 6 point stars to replicate the ink splatters in the sketch. While we're talking ephemera, I must mention my cool title. I have incorporated the Every Summer Has A Story
4 x 6" journaling card with the ephemera Paradise and complete it with Found using the Exclusive Turquoise Blue Puffy Stickers. I love how effective this mixed fonts title looks! Super cool! 


And let's not forget the etched cork embellishments! Isn't that cork the cutest?!! 
The warmth of the cork adds balance to this very crisp color palette. Love it! 

So much gorgeousness in the July Kits and now it's your turn to showcase them! 
Play along with today's sketch, & be sure to share your creations with us in the Facebook group HERE!
Love instagram?! We do! 
Tag @citrustwistkits and use the hashtag #citrustwistkits so we can see more of your awesome creating! 

I can't wait to see your interpretation of today's Sunday Sketch! 
Thanks so much for visiting, 




No comments:

Post a Comment