Saturday, July 28, 2018

3 to Inspire with Anna and Kira



Hey friends, it's Kira and I am back with Anna for 3 to Inspire.  There is so much yummy goodness in the July "Skyland" kits, that it was hard to narrow down our prompts this week!  But we did and our prompts are:

1.  Use vellum

2.  Include stamping

3.  Incorporate the Pink Fresh Studio fabric stickers

Here's a look at my layout using these prompts:


I am mildly obsessed with vellum, and would be giddy if we received a sheet in the kits every month (hint, hint Trina),  So it wasn't hard to figure out a way to use it on my page.  I decided to tuck my journaling into a vellum pocket.  I created a vellum pocket using the vellum, my scoreboard and my sewing machine to adhere it all together.  One of the journaling cards from the pocket life kit fits perfectly inside and I love how the vellum softens the black and white of the card.


Stamping is another element I absolutely love adding on a page.  Have you seen the Conversation Starters stamp set yet?! I could use these stamps on every page from now until the end of eternity (and you will likely see me do just that!).  I thought it would be cute to add some stamping along the stripes of my background paper.  I used the phrase "this is what I love most" because it perfectly summed up how I felt about my youngest son obsessively eating Doritos while being stalked by seagulls on our recent beach trip.  Lol.


Now prompt #3...oh boy.  I tried really hard to make the fabric stickers work for my page.  (And you'll see later how perfectly Anna was able to make them work on hers!)  But I made the mistake of going too light and bright on my page and then the fabric stickers felt oddly out of place.  So I altered them!  This is such an easy way to make products work for you!  I experimented with quite a few of the stickers and found that a light coat of white gesso will still let the words show through, if you like that look.  You can add other elements like stamping or ink on top of the gesso for yet another look.  And stitching over top of the fabric stickers is super easy, because they're fabric!  I used white gesso on mine and added a little stitching over the top!


Now let's see how Anna used the prompts this week!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi dear CTK friends! Anna here in company with my super talented scrappy friend Kira (Don't you just love Kira's page? It's beyond wonderful) bringing you this week's 3 to Inspire promts. And as Kira said this month's kits are (as always) jam packed with goodies so it was a challenge to narrow it down to three promts.
Anyway, we made it and here we go :) And here's what I came up with



I opted for a pretty limited and masculine color scheme and even the design is clean and simple. I  acctually like how it turned out ( if I can say it myself, lol)
And I succeded to incorporate some vellum (in my layers) some stamping and even the fabric stickers, check!

For this layout I've used the July Skyland Scrapbook kit the Pocket Life kit and the This is Life "Daily Routine" stamps as well.





And there you have it! Both Kira and I made it through, using all three promps (and a few more pieces, lol), YAY!
I hope we have inspired you to give it a go! Can't wait to see :)
Be sure to share your creations with us on the Citrus Twist Fans Page  and don't forget to tag us with @citrustwistkits/#citrustwistkits on any social media:)
You never know, you maybe will win some goodies from the CTK shop

Thank you for joining in with us today! Take care! Kira & Anna xo




No comments:

Post a Comment