Monday, July 16, 2018

Life is better on a bike

Hi crafty friends, Melanie here today! I am so excited to be sharing my first layout here on the CTK Blog with you today. When I first opened the gorgeous July kits one thing that caught my eye immediately, were these cute Chipboard Alphabets in the Skyland Scrapbook Kit. I knew I wanted to use as many as I could on a page and decided to make a layout with a long title.


I printed a picture of me on a bike which is almost black and white so that I could to use any color I'd like.  Anyone who knows me knows that I love bike trips. To me it's such a great way to recharge, enjoy nature and remain fit. I started by matting the photo with some of my favorite papers and cards from the Pocket Life Kit.  I also used some bits and pieces from the July Cut Aparts, which are free on the website and perfect to use  with any of the July Kits, to add some layers to my photo.


After that I added some of the embellishments form the Pocket Life and Scrapbook Kit to add more texture and interest.


Then I arranged my title around my photo, trimmed the white cardstock down and glued it on the fun striped paper which is included in the main kit. To make it stand out a little more I also added some stripes of a darker paper from the kit. I added my journaling next to my photo and used the July Travelers Notebook Stamp to stamp out the cute little box with the stars and the 'rated', I love the 3D effect on this! To finish my layout off, I used some black ink to make some splatters on my page and stamped some phrases from the Conversation Starters stamps which I love! These small phrases are perfect to add some interest on your pages or to use them a starting off point for journaling.


I can't wait to see how you all are going to use the Alphas. Be sure to share your projects in our Facebook Group and on Instagram so we can see what you have created.

Happy crafting,
Melanie






No comments:

Post a Comment