Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Sketch with Christin and Janine

Today two members of our Citrus Twist Design Team are pairing up to give you two takes on this week's edition of our Sunday Sketch!  Before we introduce the girls and share their projects, lets first take a look at the multi-photo sketch:

Sunday sketch June 21st

Up first, we have Christin and here is what she has to say about the sketch: 

I love working with sketches and love how you can be inspired in different way by a sketch. Here is my take on the sketch that I made using the June "Splish Splash" Add-On Kit:


Summer fun with banner

And a closeup of Christin's amazing multi-media layout:

Summer fun closeup
 
 
Next up we have Design Team Member Janine! Here is what Janine has to say about this week's Sunday Sketch:
 
When I saw the sketch, I immediately fell in love with it and I knew I had to create a layout with it! And though at the end it doesn't look exactly as the sketch, the idea and inspiration from the sketch led me to the end result of the layout.
 
I decided to create a 6x8 layout. When I opened my kit box, my eyes fell on the flair buttons that came with the June "Splish Splash" Add-On Kit first, especially on the blue one. I knew I wanted to use it, no matter what. Then the photos that I took at Stonehenge came to mind. It fit so perfectly. As I took them with my mobile, the quality wasn't as good as it could be, so I printed it in a smaller scale which is why I chose to scrap a 6x8. I wanted the photo to be a big part of the design.
 
Untitled

I built my layers with papers mainly from the Pattern Play 1 Add-On and vellum. To add my journaling, I decided to use a tag as shown in the sketch, from my stash. Next I added the flair button with some string underneath it. To create my title I used the Kelly Purkey Alphabet stamps which you can find in the shop! They aren't that big, but with the outline and "filler" for the "a" they are an eye catcher. I also decided to use the bubble speech and phrase stamp from the June Main Kit. To finish it off, I added some splatters here and there and some wood veneer hearts from the Add-On Kit.

Untitled

Wow! Two talented designers and two amazing takes on this week's sketch!

Now it's your turn! Remember, if you choose to play along with this week's Sunday Sketch, by uploading your project to our Gallery you will make yourself eligible to win a $5 Gift Certificate to use at the CTK Store! Please make sure to include the sketch date in the title of your project when uploading. Looking forward to seeing your take on this week's Sunday Sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment