Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial with Michelle

Hello! Michelle here with you today and I am going to take you through a little bit of the process of how I put together my first two projects using the June Kits!

When I set out to make a new layout, I always start with my photo and patterned paper. As I pick and choose my papers, my photo is always in my field of vision, guiding me on my color choices. For this photo, I really wanted to pick up on the yellow in my daughter's jacket as well as the pink and turquoise beads she is wearing. You can see here that I settled on four papers, the cut apart journaling card paper, and white cardstock which all came from both the June "Sweet Thing" Main kit and the Patterned Paper Play Add-ons. 


Tutorial

Whenever I am working with a bigger element, such as these large letters from the June "Whole Lot of Love" Embellishment kit, I like to work them into the design very early on. At this point I hadn't adhered anything down, but I wanted to start playing around with the position of my title. Usually my title placement comes way later, but since it was going to require so much space, I needed to get the title into the design early on. To do this, I cut the individual letters out while they were still on the plastic that way I could easily move them around.

Tutorial 2

After completing the layout, I immediately moved on to the accompanying pocket style page. I cut apart the journaling card sheet from the Main Kit, grabbed my photos, all edited with the Collect App, and a few small embellishments.  

Tutorial 3

Here are the finished projects:

This

As I mentioned before, I used a variety of products from several of June's Kits, but I also added a white tag from own stash and a copper banner clip that I had leftover from May's kits.

This 2


Hello There

If you hadn't already noticed, I do like to keep my pocket pages simple and pretty flat, but this doesn't mean that I don't embellish my cards. Here I made them my own by adding mist droplets and stitching.

Hello There 2


Wishing you a great week!


2 comments:

  1. This layout made me stop and go, "woah." There are just no words for how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did Michelle and your layout is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete