Monday, June 1, 2015

June Guest Designer

Happy first day of June everyone! Today we would like to the take the time to introduce you to our June Guest Designer! Say hello to Maren!

Untitled 

Hello! My name is Maren. I'm a thirtysomething from Germany and I will be guest designing for Citrus Twist this month.  I started scrapbooking just a bit over a year ago, out of sheer boredom initially, bit I truly fell in love with this beautiful hobby very quickly. This year I am focusing on Project Life, but still doing traditional layouts. I'm a media designer and photographer by profession. I love traveling, coffee, cameras, paper, and French Bulldogs.  I listen to 80's and 90' music and my favorite TV show is Grimm and Bones. So much for randomness!

Maren has provided us with some beautiful photographs for her scrapspace, but before we get to those, this is what she has to say about her crafty place:

I don't have a spare room at home for my hobbies, so I scrap in a cute little corner of my living room right beside the window with lots of natural light. I love it! My scrapbook stuff is scatttered literally all over my my apartment, but I have all of my embellishments, colors, and tools on my huge desk -I should get myself some shelves soon!


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled   Untitled

Time now for a little Q & A with Maren:

How long have you been scrapbooking and why did you start?

I started in March 2014 when I was staying with my Mum for several weeks after she had an accident and had injured her right arm. I took care of her and because I got bored soon, I started writing letters to my friends at home. I've always loved to write and to decorate my letters with stamps and beautiful paper.While searching for new interesting papers, I came across several 12x12 paper pads in a store and purchased them. At home I googled the brand and found out I had actually bought "scrapbooking paper." Some more googling about scrapbooking and I was hooked....

How would you describe your scrapbooking style?

I've always had a hard time describing or even seeing my own style. I am not even sure I have a distinct style, but if I do, its probably NOT clean and simple-although this has been my goal for a long time ;).  Primarily, I don't scrap to "document memories," but because I simply love to work with paper and photos. To me it's a form of art. That's why I like layouts/projects that have message/meaning and I like to work with complementary colors. So, maybe this is my "style."

What scrapbookers have influenced you the most?

It's difficult to name just a few among our huge and talented scrapbooking community which I find to by highly inspiring. I was and still am constantly influenced by so many stunning papercrafting works everyday just by browsing blogs and community websites.  When I just started scrapbooking, I learned a lot from Janna Werner. Today some of my favorite scrappers whose work inspire me a lot are Steffi Ried, Janine Langer, Tracy Armstrong, Stephanie Bryan, Michelle Wedertz, and Magdalena "Rockermorsan."

What is your favorite thing about kit clubs?

I'm a mix and match scrapbooker. I hardly ever use items from just one coll!ection because I would rather combine items that I like , no matter which company they come from. Kit clubs offer me a monthly pack of hand selected items. I find it challenging and very inspiring to work with whatever someone else has picked for me!

What are your five favorite scrapbooking items?

I can't seem to work without patterned paper, enamel dots, wood veneers, spray mist, and gold items.

How would you describe the Citrus Twist June Kit and what do you love the most about it?

It is a very fresh and summery kit, bright and happy. My favorites items were the ice cream cone paper, the flair badges, and the citrus wood veneer.

Now let's take a look at Maren's beautiful first project using the June Kit:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thank you so much Maren for joining us during the month of June. It has been such a joy to get to know you better and we are looking forward to seeing the rest of your beautiful projects as the month progresses.

To learn more about Maren and to see more of her amazing work, you can stop by her blog and follow her on Instagram @myconfettiheart!

13 comments:

  1. Great to have you here and to learn more about you! What a wonderful layout too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages and lovely craftspace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maren!! Love the peek at your craftspace and your first layout. Can't wait to see your work all this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create! Started following you on instagram as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create! Started following you on instagram as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your crafting space! This gives me hope and inspiration as I do not have a separate crafting room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guten tag Maren! That's all the German that I remember. 😬 Anyway, I look forward to seeing more of your work this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much ladies! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout Maren, it really captures for me how a beach and be still and busy depending on the location. I also envy your work space so bright

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading about why you scrapbook Maren - it is the same for me - it is a creative outlet first and memorykeeping second. And your layout is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maren I'm so excited for you to be designing this month and getting to know you! I'm a paper fan here too! Loved your first layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Maren! Love your first beautiful layout and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete