Friday, November 14, 2014

Pocket Life with Olya

Happy Friday! Olya here with my November Pocket Life and Pocket Life Embellishment kits pages. I'm always amazed with so many beautiful items in these kits, and the colors that coordinate so well together.
Now let's take a look at my week's spread, shall we?
Here is a close up of the left hand side page. That week was full of colorful leaves, foggy days, coffee dates and happy watercolors. I like how it's a variety of subjects that may seem too random to document yet everything just flows together thanks to all these kit's embellishments and cut files. 
I just adore those puffy stickers. And wood veneers always have a special place in my heart.

And here is the right hand side layout. The entire page is dedicated to a weekend trip to Whistler. We knew that we were moving at the end of that month so it was nice to take a break from packing and have a little getaway up to the mountains. I used the minimalist approach and focused on mainly photos telling the story. I did however use (almost) all the lovely embellishments to enhance that story telling :)

Again, I just can't get enough of all the embellishments in this month's kits. I mean, just look at that flair button alone!
I also made a little (5x7) insert because believe it or not I had more photos and postcards from the trip that I couldn't fit into a 12x12 page. Here are the front and back together. I used one of the 6x6 patterned papers and trimmed it to 5x6 and then "grew" it to a 5x7 by adding that trimmed inch of a scrap paper to the other side. (a little DIY for your weekend if you like :)
On the back of the patterned paper  I stamped the word magic from November's PL stamp. I tried to match the colors of the stamp ink to the colors of the creek water, which was truly magic to look at. 

And that's all for this week, friends. Thank you for stopping by and checking out my pages.
Have a wonderful and creative weekend!
xo

1 comment:

  1. love your pages, and i love all the autumn colours on there, so crazy to see as we in spring just now :)

    ReplyDelete