Saturday, June 25, 2022

3-to-Inspire with Patricia

 

Hello CTK Friends!  I'm super excited to share a 3-to-Inspire with you today using the new 49 and Market Kit!  I had my eye on this kit as soon as it was in the shop, and it doesn't disappoint!  This kit is filled with so much 49 and Market as well as exclusive papers from CTK to complement.  This is a great one to have in your stash as you will find yourself reaching for the colors and the texture for all of your scrapbook project.


For today's 3-to-Inspire, I want you to give these ideas a try:

  • Use a cut file and back only part of it with pattern paper, then use the positive solid cut outs to re-insert.  Before reinserting them, add stamping to them.
  • Create motion by using the transparent leaves, butterflies, chipboard, and die cuts from the kit.
  • Fussy cut images from the CTK exclusives papers that complement the kit.
So many wonderful things to decide to use.  I wanted to really show off the kit, but I also wanted to use the new lower case Emma Alphabet stamp set.  So before adding those positive cut files back into my cut file, I used a variety of letters (no certain ones) to add to the collage and grid feel by stamping in a complementary, but subtle ink color.  


The transparent leaves, butterflies, the chipboard and the die cuts create an arc or semi-circle motion both giving movement and direction to the other side.  For added color to this side, I used the exclusive CTK papers only in the smaller vertical sections of the cut file.  Most of my colors are blush, pink, orange, so the pop of green and yellow and even the subtle blue of the banner chipboard add a nice focus back to the photo and title as well as to create a more defined triangle.

I really love the new smaller 3x8 slim pockets.  I used an entire trimmed sheet from the CTK exclusive paper that had the texture and color I needed from the other side, but enough of a white space that I could trim a die cut piece to add my journaling in the center.  I then used fussy cut pieces of flowers, butterflies, and a trimmed die cut ticket to add to the collage feel as well as continuing that motion from the other side.  I did use a bit of the new washi tape from the June Exclusive kit under that die cut to ground it even more.



Absolutely gorgeous kit and so me!  It gives me the color, texture, as well as the artsy vintage feel that I love.  You can really go crazy with color and texture on your projects with this one or keep it simple, letting the kit pop against a neutral white, black, or kraft colored cardstock.  This would also be a great one to use your punches and create your own grids if you don't have a way to use the digital cut file as I did today.  Have fun with this one!  Definitely one to have in your stash!




No comments:

Post a Comment