Saturday, June 4, 2022

3- to-Inspire WITH NATASHA

 





Hello CTK friends! A new month is here bringing a brand new mini kit, "Explore", and I am here to kick off this month's 3-to- Inspire challenge! For today's 3-to-Inspire recipe I have selected:

1. Tiny Words Explore Stamp

2. Assorted 3mm washi tape from the Life Crafted Explore Mini Kit

3. Puffy Sparkle Stickers from the Explore Puffy Stickers



For this layout in my Memory Planner, I envisioned creating a stamped background using a variety of word phrases from the Tiny Words Explore Stamp set. I selected a few sentiments that reflected my weekly moments and stamped the tiny word several times in a cluster to be able to create a background for the photo. Using the same ink color throughout helps with building a cohesive look throughout the whole spread with the color and balance.


After my stamped backgrounds were completed, I started building onto these stamped clusters. Using a combination of ephemera from the Explore Mini Kit along with a coordinating patterned paper from my Citrus Twist Kit stash. I wanted to stick within a selected color palette, so I used pieces that I thought worked well together.




I utilized the washi tape, as if it was stitching done my a sewing machine. For each photo that really brought me joy this week, I tore a small strip of washi tape and overlapped it on my photo and onto the page. I love the look of stitching in layouts but without a sewing machine I am always looking for ways to accomplish a similar look without it. As this washi tape is so narrow I think it does the job beautifully!



The last item I selected in my recipe for this memory planning layout are the small sparkle and tiny starbursts puffy stickers from the Explore Puffy Sticker sheet. When pulling a layout together, especially a memory planning layout with lots of photos from various events often with varying colors and lighting, I am always looking for ways to pull it all together. Similar to the use of the repeat stamping in the same ink color, I used these small puffy stickers to help pull my selected colors around the two planner pages. I think of them as sprinkles like on a cupcake- it is such a small detail but makes a huge impact! 



With so many beautiful products from this release, I encourage you to try my 3-to-Inspire recipe or create your own. Narrowing down your supplies is one of the best ways to really use your supplies, fight the overwhelm that can sometimes come around when documenting, and most importantly get your cherished memories down in your albums. I promise you, it's easier than you think using the Life Crafted products.




No comments:

Post a Comment