Saturday, April 24, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Shannon


Hello there, friends! Shannon here with your 3-to-Inspire for the week. I love this challenge. Picking three things to focus on when I'm creating my layout makes it come together so much easier. It's such a great starting point! Let's get to the list:

1. Use an old photo

2. Use a sketch

3. Use multiple embellishments to make a title

And now let's look at the page I created using these prompts.




1. Use an old photo

I knew that I wanted to use the Travelogue products for this page so I started looking through my photos for one that hadn't been scrapbooked yet. This photo from a few years ago is one of my favorites. It was taken during my long scrapbook hiatus so I knew it wasn't documented anywhere. All that I had to do was pull it into my phone for a quick edit. Sometimes I'm hesitant to document older photos because the quality isn't as good as new photos. I'm really trying to get over that so hopefully this challenge will give you a push to do the same!


2. Use a sketch

I always find that sketches help flip my brain into creative mode. This is helpful when I want to scrapbook but my brain might be feeling a little fried. Or when I want to break out of my box a little. Did you know that there is a new sketch every Sunday on the Citrus Twist blog? You can find them all through the Sunday Sketch tag. I chose a sketch from May 2020 for this layout. I made several changes - there is only one photo, the journaling is in a different place, I made a cluster of stamps, chipboard stickers, and puffy stickers at the top, and my page is in a Life Crafted album. That's what I love about sketches. You can interpret them as literally or as freely as you want.


3. Use multiple embellishments to make a title

This part of the challenge was so fun! I gathered up some Travelogue ephemera and chipboard stickers that had words on them. From there, I decided what I wanted to use for my title. There are so many possible combinations! You could also add in some stamped phrases or words too. 


I hope these 3 prompts will inspire you to get one of your old photos documented! Thanks for joining me here today!



No comments:

Post a Comment