Sunday, April 11, 2021

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie


 

Hi there!

Nathalie with you today with this week's Sketch Challenge.   Let's just say that sketches are a busy scrapbooker's best friend ( aka  ME!).   Having a blue print for your page is just awesome, as it just gives you a clear idea for your page (thus taking the guessing game) and allows you to add small touches that will make the page your own.   


This week's sketch is a fun one, and pretty versatile as it can be adopted into many sizes and formats.  For my page, I used the sketch as inspiration, and mixed papers and embellishments from the add on kits and shop exclusives.



I focused on the gold tones of the papers, and brought pops of teal to add a bit of a masculine touch to the page.  Of course boys need flowers!!



 

I started with a  piece of the Country Arbor paper (Maggie Holmes - April Add-on kit).  The scalloped border just adds movement to the page, and softens the look of the layer.   Next, I followed the sketch to cut the next two layers of paper from High Tide, and Blossoms in Blue ( both in April's add on kit).   



Here is where my take on the sketch changed a bit.  Since, I am enlarging the sketch to fit a 12x12 page,  I had to extend the layers on the left of the sketch so that they are part  of the paper cluster under the photo.  IN addition, I chose to actually use the pocket in the sketch keep my lines  of journal.   So, I created the pocket out of vellum, and also backed the picture with vellum so that it has a cohesive look.



I used a premade manila tag to add my journal and slid it into the pocket.   I chose to follow the sketch for the placement of the  embelllishment cluster.  However, since my page is larger, I needed to add two more clusters with repetitive elements.   I added flowers and ephemera from March's Add on kit, plus some of the Hearts and Such and Floral CTK ephemera as per in the sketch, then used flowers from Heidi Swapp's  ephemera pack ( April add-on kit) to create two other small clusters at the corners of the paper layers.



 One of the biggest changes is removing the small strip of paper behind the picture, and instead replacing it with ephemera and an embellishment cluster.   I love having my printable elements at hand, so I can easily just add them to my clusters.     



I used puffy Weekender gold alphas for my title, and replaced the journaling position with a stamped subtitle.  The Storytelling stamp has the same font as the alphas, and the sentiments just fit the memory!


I hope this inspires you to use the sketch to create a project of your own.  Remember to share with us your finished projects (use #citrustwistkits #ctksketch).  We love being inspired by you, too!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment