Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Memory Planner and Life Crafted with Patricia

 

Hello CTK Friends!  I'm joining you this Wednesday to share how I used the September Life Crafted kit in my new Heidi Swapp Storyline Chapters Memory Planner.  I'm using the following NEW stamps:  Good Life, True Life, and the kit stamp 'The Best Part.  Also using these older CTK stamps:  Retro Hip Co Collaboration, Bailey Alphabet, 4x6 Outline and Solid Alpha. 


I first print my photos to about 1.75x2.50, 1.75x1.75.  Next I use the September digital journal cards to help me with my journaling and free up space for die cuts and stamping.


With the photos in place, I can frame around them with the die cuts and the stamps.  That framed digital journal card is perfect for adding journaling and a little stamping as well.


We had some exciting news about my daughter's ballet, so I printed the letter on photo paper to be the largest, to about 2.75x3.5, then continued framing with stamps and die cuts.


That 'freaking good' is from the kit stamp set, 'The Best Part.'  I LOVE that phrase!  I realized a typo, I'll fix that later, but again used the digital journal card to add my journaling.  This spread came together so quickly using the stamps, die cuts, and digital journal cards!


I have one more project to share in my Life Crafted album.  Every now and then I love to go bold with my backgrounds, and I did with this next project.

I shared this project on Instagram last week.  Here are the steps showing his this came together.




Tracing the stamps to make a mat for the stamped font/image is a great way to make a title and a title that stands out with clusters!  


The zig zag pattern I created with the stamps on the woodgrain pattern paper contrast to the background pattern paper with the repetitive words.


What helped too to make this work with the bold choices I have here are using two photos in the same size, and since they have a lot of red in them.  The blue and especially that bold yellow paper work because they are a contrast, a Triad, on the color wheel.  And the green or aqua pattern paper matting my stamped title are Complementary on the color wheel.


So take your red Target photos and use this same color principle to create balance, then add some of these fun stamping techniques.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  And please continue to share your projects in our Facebook group!








No comments:

Post a Comment