Monday, August 10, 2015

In My Studio with Karen


Hello,
It's Karen, today I wanted to invite you on a little tour of what I call my studio, the place where I create. I've wanted to show you my space for a while now, its a work in progress, I've currently got another table on order and some new shelves so I will have to share with you my updated studio when that happens, but for now have a look at where I 'work'. 

I'm fortunate enough to have my own space in our house, lucky me! I of course share the studio with my crafty girls, who happen to love sitting in here as well and 'playing'. My youngest tells me all the time that she wants a room just like mine when she grows up! Cute.

Lets start with the photo above, this is my desk, it's gigantic and really deep so lots of space to create a mess. I keep my picture mate printer handy on the left hand side, my scrap paper basket to the right, that needs sorting stat, its starting to overflow. In the white lace basket I keep current Project Life cards that might make it into my layouts over the next few weeks/months. In the tray I keep the current 'Citrus Twist Kits' so the contents are easy to find and in front of me while I create the layouts for the Design Team. My favourite part of this side of the studio is my big yellow 'Hello'. After I named my blog I found this in a local store and just had to have it. Its big and bright.


These lovely wooden draws contain embellishments such as die cuts, frames, tags and some tools. I love my washi tape man, I saw this idea on Dear Lizzy's blog. The wire basket contains the contents of the latest Week in the Life kit as I will be working on that soon. I update my banner on my wall above my desk every month or so, I love that I can change the whole look of my studio when I feel like it.


This shelf currently holds some of my planner collection, as well as little while bowls of wood veneers and some planner items like sticky notes, tabs and stickers. That basket.... drool....


To the right of my desk is a filing cabinet that has project life cards on top, plus big letters and numbers, planner pens, scrapbooking stickers & enamel dots. In that tray is large scrap paper, ink pads, glue runners and a tiny attacher plus staples. I have a few 'hello' items in my studio, my favourite word.


Behind my work table is another little space to create & take my photos, I keep a lot of my scrapbooking embellishments, cutters, punches and thickers over on this side of the studio. The three-tired wire basket holds ribbon, washi tape and twine. Yum. Under that table.... a sewing machine that pops out, various craft items that are too messy to show, ha ha. 


I love this particular space in my studio and the new tables and shelves are going to be all white of course, along the entire length of this wall, I can't wait. I keep my beloved midori travellers notebook over here, stamps, current collections, some more washi of course!


A close up of my ribbon and washi, project life kits, paper pads, 12x 12 paper on the bottom and thickers in those plastic tubs. This shelf holds a lot, it also has my past albums up the top. Plus all my teaching resources are here too. 


My studio gets the most perfect light, in the afternoon the sun shines right in, its a beautiful space to be in in the winter especially, so warm and cozy. We have a small leather lounge in here and this coffee table, perfect for sitting and relaxing, the girls read in here too. This table has some of my latest scrapbook layouts on the little easel, I love that they are on display for my family to see what I have been creating before they go in the albums. 

If You would like to visit more creative spaces - check what the rest of CTK team presented on the blog so far! So many great spaces. 

Have a lovely day!
xo

13 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suse, and welcome to the team again, great to have you! xx

      Delete
  2. I want a room like that when I grow up too! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dreamt of it as a kid Jessica, and my hubby just shakes his head ;) x

      Delete
  3. Yep, what Jessica said above!!! I am so jealous of your space Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Nathalie, your'e welcome anytime with Jessica :) x

      Delete
  4. Love the light Karen! Wish I could come and visit and create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, yes the light is amazing! No light box for me ;) x

      Delete
  5. Just gorgeous Karen! I loveee the light!!! Wish you were closer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I wish that too, move already, its warm here today ;) xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Superjealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are the two white buckets that you are storing your pattern paper on the bottom shelf inside? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete