Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Guest Designer & 3 to Inspire

Happy first day of August everyone! Today we would like to the take the time to introduce you to our August Guest Designer! Say hello to Suse Fish !

August Guest
 
Hi friends, Suse Fish with you and I'm so thrilled to be this month's guest designer. This month's kit is just so pretty and fresh with all its summery candy tones and when I saw it I knew exactly which photo I wanted to scrap first!

Before we get to Suse's beautiful project, lets get to know our Guest Designer a little bit more. First, lets take a peak into Suse's pretty scrap space:

August Guest
 
Now for a little Q & A with Suse:

How long have you been scrapbooking and why did you start?

Although my background is in art and design, I was always very wary of trying to scrapbook...I'd look at the beautiful products in the shops and wonder how you did it, but was never brave enough to try.  For some reason it seemed really intimidating! Then one day-just over a year ago-I saw an advert for Smash books where the text read, "It's okay-there's no right or wrong." It was that very line that gave me the courage to have a go! And I've made about a layout a day ever since (you could say it's become an obsession...)
 
How would you describe your scrapbooking style?

Although I sometimes try and make layouts that are very neat and minimal, I think my natural style is quite relaxed. I love texture and layers and pretty colours with hits of graphic black and white.

What scrapbookers have influenced you the most?

My biggest scrap influence has been Stephanie Bryan...I've literally learned how to do this activity by chain-watching her Two Peas videos and then going away and scraplifting her work!
 
What is your favorite thing about kit clubs?

You just can't beat kit clubs for value-believe me, I've tried!  And to get that magical box of scrumptious goodies appear at your door once a month-well it's like Christmas isn't it?

What are your five favorite scrapbooking items?
 
I find patterned papers the most versatile scrapbooking item as you can do so much with them. I love enamel dots (who doesn't?) and puffy stickers. My other favourites are buttons and silk threads to give that pretty homespun feel.

How would you describe the Citrus Twist August Kit and what do you love the most about it?

It was so fresh! I just grinned when I opened the box as the papers were exactly my thing: gentle colours but zingy with it-is there as such thing as bold pastels? Ha ha. And of course the puffy stickers and alphas went down a treat too.

Since August 1st falls on a Saturday we are delighted to have Suse set this week's 3 to Inspire Challenge!


To play along with today's challenge and to be eligible to win a small prize from the CTK Store, create a project that includes the following three prompts and upload it to our gallery making sure to include today's date (8/2) in the title.

This week's 3 to Inspire prompts are:
1. Messily layered papers
2. A homemade frame
3. Layered up labels

Here is Suse's beautiful take on the challenge using the August Main Kit:

Aug Guest Intro

Aug Guest Intro

Aug Guest Intro

Thank you so much Suse for joining us here at Citrus Twist Kits for the month of August. It has been a pleasure getting to know you better and we are looking forward to seeing the rest of your beautiful projects as the month progresses.

**Make sure and leave a comment at the end of the post and we will be picking on lucky winner to receive one of Suse's favorite scrapbooking supplies!

To learn more about Suse and to see more of her amazing work, you can stop by her blog and see her in action on YouTube!

14 comments:

  1. Isn't she just sweet! A beautiful layout with beautiful bits and bobs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock Star! Love the layout! And this one: bold pastels! Ha tricky true! Love Your style Suse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout. And this week's challenge is great. "Messily" I can do (since I'm horrible with straight lines!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you so much everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your Guest Designing! Love your layout and your pretty scrap space!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to meet you, Suse! and your work place!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete