Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Sketch

Hi gang! Suse Fish back with you to share my first ever layout working from a sketch...I know: big deal and I'll admit that I was kind of nervous! But I love the end result so much that I'm just itching to work this way again.

Aug Guest Sketch

When I saw that the sketch called for three pictures, I immediately thought of the huge bundle of pics of my little 'fur baby' Paws that I have still un-scrapped. He's such a little darling. Everyone comments he looks like the baddy's cat from James Bond, but he couldn't be further from a baddie! Goodness, the little fella is a total teddy bear! (And yes, that's his attempt at a smile!)

August Guest Sketch

I really liked the circles in the sketch (behind the title area) and had planned on hand-scribbling them instead. I always love doing a bit of hand-sewing on my layouts....I pop on a nice property show to watch, then sit and sew away-heaven!

August Guest Sketch

When I saw the "Had me @ Hello" cut-apart, I knew it would perfect for a layout about Paws. He was a rescue cat and when we went to see him at the centre, he was hiding at the back of his pen. I saw these huge terrified eyes staring out at me and just knew we'd be the perfect ones to give him a loving "forever" home.

Untitled

And oh, this minty-coloured tulle-what a treat to get that in the kit! I love using fabrics and tulle gives such a dreamy, feminine look.

August Guest Sketch

Now it's your turn! Make a project based off of this week's sketch using any supplies of your choice, upload it to the gallery with today's date (8/9) in the title, and you will be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to spend at the CTK Store! Looking forward to seeing your projects in the gallery!

2 comments: