Sunday, September 13, 2020

Life Crafted Double Spread with Angela



Hi friends! It's Angela back on the blog. I am so exited to share with you my very first September project using The Best Parts Life Crafted and September Add-on kits.
I have almost finished documenting this summer and my Peony album is quite chunky. Soon, I'll start a new one but before that, I still have a few photos I would like to include in it. 
My today pages are focusing on my two sons, their cheerfulness where during the holidays and how different they are now that the school has started. I made two layouts, one for each son. 




For both the layout I used digital files. In particular, I used number 5 and 8 of the TN basics. In Photoshop, I overlaid the photos to the TN pages and I printed on photo paper.
I decorated the with some physical pieces and stamps, adding a bit of texture with stitching and staples.




I also stamped a title for each son's page, using the Good Life stamp set. I stamped and heat embossed in black on a label in both the spread. The label where big enough to accommodate the big font sentiments of the stamps and come from the Add-on September kit. They have different shapes and colors and perfectly matches with the paper I chose for the spread, the City Grid from Old School collection by Heidi Swapp.




On the second page I added a sentiment in the grid space of the page, using the GORGEOUS Soft Mint Citrus Twist Puffy Alpha Stickers (sorry for the capital letter but I really love those one) . The soft mint is a new color available in the Citrus Twist shop and is in place of the Yellow/Orange Alpha Stickers of the original kit. So sorry for the inconvenience, and the changes! Nevertheless, I love it!




Underneath the alpha puffy stickers I added a phrase from The Best Parts Life Crafted stamp. I stamped it with black inch on a white strip of card-stock and adhered it with foam adhesive.




Above is a close-up of another stitched embellishment. One of the pages is interactive. The photo is folded so to hidden itself and reveals only the embellished band of the side.

To make the folded page fitting inside the page protector, I changed the page protector opening side. From Page Protector #1, I cut away the side closure and sealed the top with my fuse tool.




Here is how the double spread appears in my Peony album. It opens with Filippo and digital TN page #5




Turning the page, on the back of the colorful page, I stamped another phrase from Good Life stamp and wrote the journaling using my computer.
Beside is the interactive page inserted into the page protector. When the flap is closed, only the side bar of the page is visible.




Opening the flap, the full photo of my son Francesco appears! 



That's all for today, my friends. Thank you so much for stopping by the blog. I hope you enjoyed the pages and most of all you feel inspired to create with Citrus Twist Kit kits.
See you soon. XO
















No comments:

Post a Comment