Friday, July 1, 2022

Life Crafted Inspiration with Kira




Hey there! It’s Kira and I am back with another Life Crafted TN sized layout. I thought it would be fun to show y’all my process when making a layout, start to finish. Here’s a look at my finished layout:



I always start out my layouts with a story. I jot stories or quotes from my children in my notes app on
my phone. I usually just keep a running log, noting the date something was said. In this case, I had a
separate note started for our vacation we took in June since I also wanted to keep track of the places we visited or ate. I came across this sweet quote from my son while I was choosing which story to tell.



Once I chose this quote, I then select my photo. I don’t try and find a photo I took in the exact moment,
but one that will work for the situation. Since this was said while we were in Washington, I wanted a
photo of him in WA where the scenery behind him was indeed “beautiful”. I thought this one of him in
front of the Space Needle was perfect. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and we are clearly in Seattle.


After I settle on my photo, I go ahead and print it out. Sometimes I want a full-page photo or multiple
small photos so I would normally resize at this point. But I just went ahead and printed the photo at a
standard size of 2"x3".

Then it’s time to choose my embellishments. When using a kit, I still find myself overwhelmed if I have
too many choices, so I like to narrow everything down before getting started. I loved the green in this
kit and thought it worked well with my photo. And originally, I thought of pulling in some blues, but I
thought that seemed too “predictable” for a Seattle layout, so I opted for pops of yellow instead since
the sun was shining in this particular photo. I pulled out all the papers and embellishments that fit my
color scheme and theme of the page.



And finally, it was time to put together my page. I started by matting my photo with this green leaf
paper and used the lace trim as an accent piece on top.



I built a cute little embellishment with this rabbit die cut, which has nothing to do with the story, but I
thought gave it a whimsical feel.


At this point, I needed to decide if I wanted my journaling (quote) on this page or make this a two page
spread. Since this was just a quote, I thought one page would work fine. And I loved the idea of having
the journaling “hanging” on the tag.


I finished the page off with some stamping using the new stamps. And that’s it! I hope you enjoyed
hearing more about my process and I can’t wait to see how you use this kit.


xo, Kira



No comments:

Post a Comment