Saturday, December 21, 2019

3-To-Inspire with Sheree


Hi everyone!  It's Sheree here with a new 3-to-inspire challenge to get you creating this weekend.  The recipe I've come up with for you today is:

1. make a photo into a tag
2. put your title on its side
3. use at least 3 photos

You can create a layout, life crafted spread, traveler's notebook spread or whatever format you like so long as you've included these three things.

Here's what I came up with using the December 2019 Life Crafted Kit...


I had three photos chosen for this spread today of my son cooking himself some pancakes...something he never would have done alone before!  Now that he's studying hospitality at school he's gained so much confidence in the kitchen which is great to see so I wanted to document it.

I absolutely love the colourful, striped paper in the kit this month so that was the first thing I reached for when starting this project.  I decided on a plain white background for the first page and a full sized patterned paper background for the second page using the pretty blue paper from the kit.

On the first page I adhered a strip of the colourful stripey paper down the left side and added some machine stitching.  I used a stamp from the This is Life "Born For This" stamp set and the puffy  alphabet stickers for the title, positioning them together down the left side, then arranged the two smaller photos onto the page.  A circular chipboard piece between the two photos and a date stamp was also added.


For the second page of the spread, I matted the larger photo with more of the stripey paper, added some stitching then punched a hole in the top to create a tag.  Twine was tied the hole, then after the tag was adhered to the page I stapled the twine to the top of the page. A die cut was also adhered to the top left of the tag with foam dots.


Under the photo I added a label from the digital printable cut apart sheet and a word phrase sticker from the kit.  Then I simply printed my journaling and stitched it to the bottom of the page.


Everything came together so easily using the kit!  I just love all the colours!

You can see my process in the video below...



Thank you so much for popping by the blog today.  I hope you will have a go at the challenge too!  Enjoy!

Sheree x



2 comments: