Friday, December 20, 2019

Life Crafted with Erica




Hi guys! I hope you've been having a fabulous holiday season! I'm on the blog today to share a spread in my Life Crafted album using the December Hustle & Heart kit.





I was very inspired by one of the journal cards in the kit that looked like a house in a snow globe. It reminded me of a particular Christmas when I was obsessed with putting everything into bell jars. And thus inspiration was born!



I started by using the three numbered ephemera pieces in the kit and chose three bell jar ornament photos to highlight. I created clusters with the circle elements from the December Digital Cutaparts sheet, a word phrase (or arrow) for each and a gold chipboard star.




The clusters are quite busy so I kept the photos rather simple and just stitched around them to create a frame and add some texture.

On the left side of my spread I chose three of my favourite papers, cut them into strips and stitched them down to create my background. I wanted to bring some of the gold stars onto the left-hand side so I placed one at the bottom with a label and two at the top with a sprig. 





I knew I wanted to use the snow globe card for my title and for my journaling. Adding in a vellum pocket was the best way to get to do both. I used the alphas from the kit and a piece of ephemera for my title and stitched down my pocket with some coral/pink thread.





I typed my journaling on my typewriter and decorated the back of the card with a photo and a couple of embellishments. The pocket was also a great way to add in more ornament photos, because I made a ton!




I hope this gave you a little inspiration to try documenting something from a past Christmas in your Life Crafted album. Add in pockets and try stitching on your photos!










No comments:

Post a Comment