Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Christmas Daily with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with fun idea for documenting all those smaller December moments!


I often find throughout December, there are a lot of smaller moments that I want to document, but they either don't have a photo or I can't quite put together an entire page with them. This envelope page is such a great solution for both!


To create your mini envelopes to fit into a 2 x 2 inch pocket, trim patterned paper to 3 1/4 inches square. I prefer a double sided paper so when the envelopes are open, you have a contrasting pattern. Just be aware of which way up the pattern will be when you open your envelope. Using an envelope punch board, punch and score at 1 5/8.


I created 12 little envelopes in a variety of papers and then arranged them on the protector so none of the same patterns was next to each other either horizontally or vertically. I was aiming for a nice balance of pattern and colour.


To secure the envelope flaps, I used a little piece of self-adhesive velcro tape onto the inside of the flap and the front of the pocket.


Then for the fun part: I decorated each flap with small stickers, twine bows, buttons, and enamel dots. I used glue dots to adhere the bulkier items, being careful to only adhere to the flap, not the pocket.


When I was finished, I added small pieces of white card stock to the inside of the envelopes so I can quickly write down those little memories as they happen!

Here's a look at the process of putting together this page ...



Thanks for stopping by today! Happy December!


No comments:

Post a Comment