Wednesday, March 13, 2019

"Chapters" with Marsha

Hello friends!  It's Marsha, here with my first post as part of the Citrus Twist Creative Team.  I am so happy to be here!  The March Life Chapters kit, is absolutely gorgeous, and I am excited to share with you the layout I created using the kit, Life Chapters Cut Aparts, and Traveler's Notebook Stamp Set.


To begin the layout, I chose a black and white photo of my husband and me, taken last month at a Valentine's Day Banquet.  The geometric heart patterned paper from the kit is my favorite, so I decided to use the full sheet on my layout.  I cut it in half and layered it over some white card stock, machine stitching around the edges for interest and texture.

I layered the "chapters" ephemera piece along the edge of the patterned paper to serve as my title.  Next, I stamped on a label using the Traveler's Notebook Stamp Set.  The sentiments on this set are perfect for my layout!    I used some of the cut aparts, and one of the chipboard circle pieces to complete this section of the page.


For the other side of the spread, I used one of the journaling cards from the kit as a mat for my photo.  I layered a label behind the photo, stamped the date on a tab, and added a couple of chipboard pieces.  I trimmed another one of the 3x4 cards into a tag shape to use for my journaling and tucked it behind the photo.



Here's another look at my completed layout.


Thank you so much for joining me today.  I hope I have inspired you to use the March Life Crafted kit and Traveler's Notebook Stamp Set to document your stories!





No comments:

Post a Comment