Saturday, March 23, 2019

3-to-inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a pocket page spread and remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Use a cut file or hand cut your title
  2. Add some texture and dimension 
  3. Stick with either a warm or a cool colour scheme
Here’s my take on this challenge ...


I decided to create a page in my Traveler's Notebook about my two favourite things: my husband and coffee!

To create a bit of dimension, I trimmed out the stripes from one of the 6x8 papers from the Life Crafted kit and then changed to order of them to create an ombre effect. I stitched them to the tag (adding even more texture!) and then roughed up the edges with my fingers. I grabbed this awesome cut file from the shop and backed the "magic" part with another one of the 6x8 in the same warm colour tones.


On the right hand side of the page, I added my photo after first matting it in the same warm-coloured paper as the title and added one more of the stitched paper strips to the side. I finished of the page by adding a label, some stamps and a few die cut hearts that I used my ink pad to change to black for contrast. I'm really not a messy scrapper so I added some "splatters" with a gel pen instead!


I can't wait to see what you do with this challenge so don't forget to post your layouts in the Facebook Fan Page so we can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment