Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Everyday Documented with Nathalie

Hello everyone!

Nathalie with you today!   i have had so much fun with my kit this month, and my challenge this month was to try and use as much of the Life Chapters kit as i could - these kits are so packed -, so i  am going to show you how i worked the kit into my Life Crafted album.




I love having the chance to add dimension and layers to my album, so i took advantage of the concentric pattern of the paper to add chipboard and ephemera to create this simple page about my nephew's 6th birthday.




This page complements small spread created for CTK IG stories a few weeks back.    For this i mixed similar elements as the previous page, and used layers -even the small glassine bag that carries the cork numbers- to document my nephew's celebration.



If you have seen my work before, then you know that i love florals.  So, I used the floral paper from the Life Chapters kit to create this spread about my crafty friends.




I pulled the "The Story" cut file to create the title of this page, and cut it from white cardstock.  I kept the page rather simple as i have lots of patterns in the page, however, i added the little bird on the title, and used the colors to bring the color in the word stickers into the page.




For the other side of the spread, i used the leftover piece of paper to anchor the scalloped envelope (included in the Life Chapters kit and also available for purchase in the CTK shop)  and build my page on it.  I pulled the small floral ephemera  to decorate this side of the page, and then used one of the large tags to house lots of journal about this day (you can find the tags in the CTK shop).   Love how this came together with the Life Chapters kit!.



This month's Life Chapters kit had a side focus on reading, so i used the large 3x8 tag ( and one of the new inserts coming to the shop in April) to create this spread all about  my reading adventures.   All the coordinating ephemera in the kit and the cut apart elements made this come together in a short amount of time.




And for my last page today, i chose to use the Floral Cascade cut file (free subscriber cut file) to create the large die cut that covers this spread.  Once again, i used one of the Life Chapters kit's papers to serve as a base for the spread.




To balance the spread, i chose to leave the title in the 3x8 page protector, and used one of the large cork numbers, while the other side houses the picture and lines of journal.   I have added some of the word stickers to form a visual triangle, while the vellum butterflies  form a second visual triangle on the spread.




All i have left with are just a few pieces that will slowly make its way to my personal journal or a future spread on my family album.   Having all you need in a bag made it so easy to put all of this together.   Now it is time to start working on the upcoming month's kit, you are going to love it!!!

As always let me know if you have questions on how any of these came together,

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment