Monday, March 18, 2019

Traveler's Notebook Challenge with Suzanna



Hey crafty pals, I'm so excited to be back on the blog today sharing a layout with the March kit. Today's post is a traveler's notebook challenge and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you make it your own!


I created this layout in my reading log TN insert that I'm keeping for the year. Using the Spencer outline alpha stamps, I created a huge title for the layout. I'll be honest, I was a little nervous about such a large title that took over the top and the bottom of the layout, on such a small page. However, I love the way it turned out! I used a light green ink to make the title a bit subdued.



From there, I created a pocket behind the left side of the page to keep my journaling. Using the library borrower's card die cut I recorded when I began reading and when I finished the book.


On the right side of the page I layered a bunch of papers with imperfect edges to create an intentionally messy look, before adding my photo right on top. Then of course, I went in with my favorite embellishment clusters. Adding a few bits and pieces here and there around the layout.


That sums up this layout, now let's get on to the two challenge pieces I have for you today! First, I challenge you to use a large title on your TN layout. Second, I challenge you to add a bit of hidden journaling to your layout! If you're feeling really crafty and ready to take on a third challenge, I challenge you to use something imperfect in your layout. I know we all tend to lean on the side of perfection with the things we create, but today I'd love to encourage you to jump outside of that and add a little imperfection!

I hope this challenge inspires you to create something fun and cannot wait to see your take on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment