Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial With Karen



Hello, Karen here with a tutorial for you on how to incorporate some stitching in your pocket life pages. I use stitching on almost every layout I do, it could be machine stitching or hand stitching, it just depends on my mood & what the paper is 'telling' me to do. Sounds hilarious even typing that, but that's how it works around here.



Firstly, I start with a piece of scrapbooking paper, like this one above,  this is from the Amy Tangerine 'Rise & Shine' line that was included in my 'April PL Kit' from Citrus Twist Kits, a needle & thread, whatever you have, I had this gorgeous gold thread in my studio, and the Amy Tangerine Mat & piercing pin.



Start punching holes where you want to place the stitching, I decided to go along the lines of the arrows. Here's a tip, less is more, I chose not to do every arrow, spread the love.



Next, thread that needle & start stitching. It's that easy. Trust me you can do it. Give it a go.


I used a gold heart that was roughly the same size as an arrow head & placed it in the bottom corner on an arrow, you can do whatever you like here, in the middle, to the left or even use something else other than a heart, maybe a wood veneer arrow could work too.

And just like that, you've finished your pocket life card with stitching.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, don't forget to share what you do with your stitching.

Karen x

2 comments: