Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Layout Tutorial with Jessy

Hello CTK fans & subscribers! Today I would like to share with you my step-by-step layout tutorial which involved a little mixed media with you.   

I will always start with gathering my supplies. I often use my photo(s) as a reference for my design, colours & composition. Here I used the April Main + Embellishment kit that you can get at the CTK website. 

For this layout, I used 3 patterned papers and overlapped the papers onto each other.  

Next, I used a wet tissue and dipped into the gesso. I slowly dabbed the gesso at the centre. I wanted to tone down the red pattered paper. 

Once the gesso is dried, I splattered some black & gold mist onto the patterned paper. 

 Once all the mist is completely dried, I adhered the washi tapes onto the middle part of the layout. 

Finally, embellish the layout with the pretty die-cuts.
__________________________

Here is my completed layout + close-ups...



Hope you are inspired to dig out your CTK kits and start to create today! Thanks for letting me share with you. 

Happy Crafting!
Xoxo Jessy



2 comments:

  1. Jessy, this is beautiful! Your tutorial makes it look so easy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words & encouragement, Trina!

      Delete