Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sunday Sketch with Patricia

 


Hello, CTK Friends!  Excited for another Sunday Sketch.  For today, I am using the new Spooky Story kit which is a packed kit!  I couldn't believe how much is in this kit and the exclusives are amazing too!  Nathalie did a live video in the Facebook group showing this kit, the December stories, and add-ons yesterday.  I'll be doing a live video today using the Spooky Story kit at 2 p.m. CST so hope to see you there.  Now onto the sketch.


I took the inspiration of the staggered layers by definitely incorporating photos into the sketch inspiration, but had the help of the CTK page protectors.  


The first layer is a trimmed down Page Protector #6.  I trimmed a smaller piece of the leftover protector, and then using the We R Memory Keepers Fuse, I sealed in an exclusive CTK flair and sequins.  In the larger trimmed down pocket, I added the exclusive intricate die cut and sequins, then sealed the top off with the Fuser.


You flip that over to my next layer that uses Page Protector #3.  This is where I incorporate more of that staggered layered/blocked inspiration from the sketch.  With one photo to fit inside the bottom pocket, I print two different sizes of the other photos and back one of them with paper from the kit to add texture, color and emphasis.  I trimmed the tag and punched the cat from the kit pattern paper.  Then added some of the die cuts for layering to create a grid.  I love how this came out, but a favorite is that exclusive doily with the kit die cuts, also inspired by the sketch.  


I wanted a place to journal, so to do that, I trimmed a piece of the kit pattern paper, added a punched border with a We R Memory Keepers planner punch, scored, folded and used double-sided tape to adhere two piece of cardstock together, having the top to flip up.


I picked out the die cut I wanted on this journaling cardstock piece, trimmed around her with a pencil, added my typewriter journaling, erased the pencil, and then added her back.  I finished that with stamping from the new Vintage Love stamp and more die cuts from the kit. The 2022 is from the Harper Alpha Stamp.


I was so inspired by this kit and sketch to create those staggered layers across two page protectors, altered one, created a fun pocket and an interactive journaling page.  I hope this gives you ideas on doing the same for your Fall or Halloween album and if interested at all in this Spooky Stories, grab it before it is sold out!  And FYI, the album here is the Lifecrafted Pumpkin Spice.  There is also a 6x8 version of this...enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment