Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sunday Sketch with Shu-Wen

 


Hi everyone!

It's Shu-Wen here, sharing a spread in my Life Crafted Album that I made using today's sketch! This one is documenting celebrating Mother's Day and my sister's birthday last week (we decided to celebrate a bit early because I wasn't going to be in town this weekend). 

Here's the sketch that I used to create my layout:


I decided to adapt the sketch into the left page of my layout, with only one major difference: I decided to make the bottom left photo a landscape-oriented one instead of a portrait-oriented one because most of the photos I took that day were landscape-oriented. 

For the backgrounds of my page, I used the dark blue floral background and the ledger paper from the Life Crafted "Crave" Traveler's Notebook Digital Papers. I opted for to use some vellum for the translucent layers of rectangles in the background. For the embellishments, I picked out one of the chipboard stickers from the Citrus Twist "Crave" Chipboard Stickers and one of the puffy stickers from the Citrus Twist "Crave" Puffy Stickers. And for my title, I used some scripty words from the Citrus Twist Life Crafted "Crave" Die Cut Ephemera Pack.

One other difference between the sketch and my layout was that I made my photo mats into interactive flips and flaps to hold more photos (11 in total!). I love the challenge of turning a flat sketch into a functioning interactive page to include lots of hidden surprises like these additional photos!


For the right page in my layout, I used the ledger patterned paper in the digital patterned papers and added some journaling using Microsoft Word to the top ledger portion before printing it out. I kept the page relatively simple by only adding one chipboard sticker to the empty blue ticket along the bottom of the page; I felt that the left page was busy enough as is with the floral background paper and all the photos flaps, so I didn't want the right page to be too cluttered!


During Ettiene's Facebook Live on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Group yesterday for International Scrapbook Day, we were talking about how much we love using sketches because they challenge us to use techniques outside our comfort zone, or remind us of techniques or materials that we haven't used for a while. I love today's sketch for that same reason: I was able to pull out some scraps of vellum that I've had lying around for a while to add an interesting texture to my page!

You can check out the full process video for this spread up on my YouTube channel


I love the new "Crave" kit from Citrus Twist Kits for documenting all sorts of things, from actual things (or foods) that I'm craving, to capturing special moments like this day of celebration with my family. Make sure to check out the "Crave" Mini Kit for most of the items I used in my layout today, bundled together at a discounted price! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment