Sunday, May 22, 2022

Sunday Sketch with Patricia

 


Hello CTK Friends!  Excited to join Citrus Twist Kits in bringing you the sketch and inspiration using the May Crave Kit, May Cut Files, the Card Phrases This Day Stamp, Citrus Twist BRIGHTS Chipboard Star Stickers (on sale now!), and the new Tangerine 6x8 Lifecrafted Album.


The main design that inspired me was the grid, and instead of following it exactly I did a loose interpretation of a grid using the May Cut File frames and then backing the largest with a photo.


My photo fit perfectly within this larger frame.  I chose older Citrus Twist Kits papers (I save them all!!) to cut from.  I chose only two patterns giving me an orange and blue.  This gave me plenty of room to add embellishments without it being too busy.


I penciled in the area for the journaling through this cut file, and then used my typewriter.  For added texture, color, and goes with the homey look of my layout, I added cross stitching with all 6 strands of embroidery floss to each frame.


I was able to use the new Card Phrases This Day stamp as my title for 'This Day' and then I used 'Saturday' but covered it partially up with the ephemera from the May kit for 'CATurday.'


Once my journaling, photo and placement of the frames and stamping were done, I just filled in with embellishments to bring focus to the middle of the layout.  Grab those Chipboard Star Stickers that on sale now as well, those were my last detail of just something simple but with a different texture to lead the eye up and down the layout.  Have fun creating!


1 comment:

  1. TOLLES BILD

    wünsche dir einen schönen TAG
    bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

    ReplyDelete