Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday Sketch with Shu-Wen

 


Hi everyone!

It's Shu-Wen here, sharing how I used this week in 2 different ways: 
1) To make a layout in my Life Crafted Album
2) To make a card for a friend

Here's the sketch that I used to create my layout and my card:



Let's start with the layout first!

I decided to adapt the right side of this sketch into the right page of my layout. 



For each of the three photos in the sketch, I backed three small 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" photos of me doing some crafting with the Instax-type frames that came in the Handcrafted Digital Elements package. And for the numbers, I cut apart the stitched hearts in the Handcrafted Traveler's Notebook Basics and Patterns Digital Papers and used the Black Alphabet Puffy Stickers to number each of the photos as shown in the sketch. I decided to ink the edges of these little squares with my Distress Oxide inks to help them stand out from my page a bit. 



Next, I layered up some patterned papers from that same set of digital papers; my craft room is usually not very well lit, so I love how the bright colors of these patterned papers brighten up my layout, even if my photos are a bit darker.

Because I was going to do my journaling on the left side of the spread, I decided not to add any journaling to this right side of the spread, and instead just decorated the empty spaces with some ephemera from the digital ephemera pack and the Handcrafted Die Cut Ephemera Pack, as well as some puffy stickers from the Handcrafted Puffy Sticker Sheet. I also used the puffy sticker that says "Making Things" as my title for this page.


I used one of the digital TN papers as the base for my journaling and stapled one of the ephemera die cuts to the top. I absolutely loved being able to document my love for crafting with this new kit from Citrus Twist Kits!

Here's what my final layout looks like: 


I noticed in the past year that since I've been scrapbooking more, I've been neglecting my cardmaking, which means I don't have as many cards left to pick from in my stash! I happen to have a co-worker who is leaving us at the end of this month, so I decided to challenge myself to create a card for her using this same sketch. As I'm only working on an A2 sized card base (4.25"x5.5"), I decided to make the right side of the sketch into my card front and ignore the left side of the sketch that's blank. 


I love that this kit is so versatile that it can serve as the base for a friendship-type card, and not just be used for scrapbooking our hobbies. In place of the 3 photos and journaling spot, I chose to cut apart even more stitched hearts. Instead of the numbers, I decided to use some mini heart buttons from my stash, which I stitched to the card base. And finally, instead of a title, I decided to add the sentiment "We'll Miss You" with the Deep Turquoise Puffy Alphabet Stickers near the top of my card. As for the patterned papers, I mostly used some leftover scraps of the digital patterned papers I had cut up to use in my Life Crafted Album spread.

You can check out the full process video for this spread and card on my YouTube Channel!




This new Handcrafted Mini Kit has been one of my favorites from Citrus Twist Kits, and I love how both my Life Crafted Album spread and my card turned out! If you decide to make a layout using this sketch, feel free to tag me on Instagram or on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Fan page so that I can check it out! Make sure to check out the Citrus Twist Kits Shop for all the new goodies this month! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment