Saturday, February 12, 2022

3 -to-Inspire with Patricia

Hello Everyone!  It has been awhile since I have shared here on the Citrus Twist Blog, so I'm excited to share a fun 3-to-Inspire with you today in my new Grape Lifecrafted Album using the February exclusives.

 
My 3-to-Inspire are:
  • Use paint (or other another medium you haven't used in awhile)
  • Use glitter, sequins, or enamel dots
  • Find a fun way to use the paint die cut from the February Exclusives
I have a reel I created for Instagram for this project, so you can see how this came together.   But my whole idea came from the paint tube die cut from the February Exclusives.  I had to do something fun with it, and creating a dripped paint effect seemed perfect for it.  I used the leftover and negative piece from cutting the February cut file 'craft,' and then got brave and used both glitter and sequins!  


You will see in the video on Instagram that I did not use foam tape to create that little shaker, I just adhered my tape runner along all the edges, but I will tell you it is still messy.  I ended up also using strips of washi to help hold together.  I might have a few stray glitter and sequins pieces, but I love the effect.  And adding enamel dots to the paint from the die cut added texture and tone on tone look.


As I was blending my paint to get the color green I wanted, I smeared a few tags into the paint and used one of them for my journaling and to be the back of the cut out 'craft.'  As I was smearing the tags, I decided to also make a handprint.  So fun!  I will be sharing another project using that handprint.  I hope this inspires you to document what you create, use a medium you haven't used before or in awhile, and maybe some glitter, sequins, or enamel dots!  Don't forget to do something creative with that paint tube die cut.  Looking forward to seeing what you create!


No comments:

Post a Comment