Saturday, January 29, 2022

3-to-Inspire with Shu-Wen

 


Hi everyone!

It's Shu-Wen here, sharing a spread that I created in my Life Crafted Album to ring in the New Year! This one features the new Fresh Starts Life Crafted Kit, a sneak peek of a new item that will be available in the Citrus Twist Kits shop next month, and some musical inspiration!

This week's 3-to-Inspire prompts are:
1. Rainbow
2. Song lyrics
3. Die cut ephemera

Here's a photo of the layout I created:

I had 4 photos that I wanted to document from New Year's Day, 2 from our breakfast at my boyfriend's parents' place, and 2 more from our dinner at my parents' place, so I thought it would be a great idea to put two on each of my Life Crafted Album pages and surround the grid with some of the colorful ticket die-cut ephemera pieces from the Fresh Starts Die Cut Ephemera Pack. Instead of using white cardstock or patterned paper as my base pages, I decided to use some kraft cardstock instead to give some more contrast to my photos and die-cut ephemera. On one of the labels, I used the Harper Alphabet Stamp Set to stamp the date on one of those ticket pieces; the alphabets were just small enough to fit into the blank spot on this label! 

As I was making this spread, I had the song "22" by Taylor Swift stuck in my head, because it's 2022!!! So I decided to use the Fresh Starts Tiny Alphabet Stickers to spell out one of the lines from the song with a little twist: substituting "22" with "2022"! To make more of an impact, I used the upcoming ombre puffy alphabet stickers for the number 2022! These ombre alphabet stickers aren't being released in the Citrus Twist Kits shop until Feb 1, but I just LOVED how the colors of the alphabet matched the pinks and yellows in the rest of my spread, so I couldn't resist including this sneak peek! ;)

To finish decorating the top of my pages, I scattered some of the word phrase stickers from the Fresh Starts Puffy Phrase & Icon Stickers in rainbow order across the two pages, then added some puffy stars from the same sticker sheet to fill up some of the spaces between the word phrase stickers. I love how this rainbow looks across my page!

I was debating whether I should add some journaling to these pages, but in the end, decided to keep the focus on the photos and the bright vibes from the song lyrics and the decorations! But if you'd like to add some journaling without interrupting the flow of this page, I did consider cutting one of the 3x4 Page Protectors in half so that you only have the bottom 3x4 pocket and using a journaling card from the Fresh Starts Journaling Card Set to add in some journaling. 

If you'd like to give this challenge a shot, feel free to tag me on Instagram or on the Citrus Twist Kits Facebook Fan Page so that I can check it out! And make sure to check out the Citrus Twist Kits shop for all the new goodies coming out each month! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment