Saturday, January 15, 2022

3-to-Inspire with AMY


 

Happy New Year everyone!  I'm excited to share my first blog post as a Creative Team member!  For today's 3-to-Inspire, I am using the new Fresh Starts kit.  For the past three years, I have created a monthly project life album for my family, mainly using pocket pages.  This will be the opening page in my 2022 album.

Here are my 3-to-inspire:

1.  Die Cut Ephemera

2.  Tiny Word Stickers

3.  Double-Sided 3x4 Journaling Cards

I was initially drawn toward the Die-Cut Ephemera for this layout because of the 1,2,3 tags, since there are three people in my family.  I cut the tags with 1 and 2 on them so they fit better over the pictures, and so I could use the extra bits on different sections of the layout to create continuity.  Yes, it's ok to cut up your ephemera!  I give you permission.  I also ended up also adding the yellow tag in the upper right and the long octagonal tag in the bottom left, which I popped up to give a bit of dimension.


I really like the Tiny Word Stickers in this kit, because they have lots of fun phrases, and are great
jumping-off points for storytelling.  I knew I wanted to "introduce" my family on this page, and the "not without my monkeys" seemed like the perfect headline to do so.  The fact that the type is a lovely, shimmery gold didn't hurt either.  


I used both the digital and physical Double-Sided Journaling Cards for this layout.  I have been using digital journal cards more and more recently, not because I dislike handwritten journaling, (I love it, and think it is a really important element in memory keeping), but because I can physically fit more words on the cards when I type them.  I like that this kit offers a lot of different color options for journal cards as well.  The color palette for my layout was fairly neutral, and I didn't want my journaling cards to overshadow the photos, so I picked ones with a more neutral hues to match.  I used a lined card to hold my journaling, and rectangle-and-half circle card to hold my stamped tag. 


I hope this post inspired you to look at different elements of this kit in a new way.  Now, go and create something beautiful today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment