Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Patricia



Hello!  Hope you are ready for the Sunday Sketch inspiration.  My first and favorite size of scrapbooking was 8.5x11.  I've been doing Life Crafted or 6x8 size these past few years, but today, I decided to take this 12x12 Sunday Sketch inspiration and show you how I did it for an 8.5x11 layout using the new Merry & Bright kit.


Focusing on the bottom part of the sketch, I changed the large photo to a digital Merry & Bright digital card for journaling.  I stayed with the two smaller photo inspiration by using the new Chipboard Frames from the Flea Market Findings kit.


With that as my start, I wanted a creative way to add the date.  I stamped with the Luna Nos. onto the pattern paper from the Merry & Bright kit in black in, detail cut out, and adhered around and framing my photos.  To continue the layering look here, I added more pattern paper under, detail cut a flower from the pattern paper to tuck at the bottom, a branch die cut, puffy word sticker, enamel dots, and the number 5 for the day of December using the new Sophia stamp set.


Part of my title I made into banners, but decided to keep and add more texture to this bottom section and used the twine to buck under the photos.  I just used liquid glue in 1-2 spots to hold it.


The top is inspired by the layering, but instead of using pattern paper along the top, I used the Merry & Bright stamp to do repetitive stamping using coordinating ink colors.  Then I added a piece of trimmed pattern paper, a digital label, die cut, and puffy stickers from the kit.  I also extended that creative way of adding my date by adding the Sophia and the Luna Nos. stamp at the top.  I freehand cut banners with the Bailey Alphabet stamp in green and red, then for a large contrast, used the new Penelope for the last part of my title.  Filled in the rest of the title with the puffy alphas from the kit, chipboard and puffy star.


Hope you are inspired by the sketch, by using it on an 8.5x11 layout, and by other documenting ways to use the Merry & Bright kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment