Sunday, October 17, 2021

MERRY & BRIGHT with Our Guest Designer CLAUDIA WHITE

 


Hi there!

We are so excited to welcome Claudia White as one of our Merry & Bright Guest Designers.   We know you are going to love her designs, but before we show her project, she answered two questions about the holidays.




What is your favorite  thing about the Holiday Season?

My favorite thing about the holiday season  and the thing I look forward  to the most; is all the fun I’ll have with my family when we all get together and play games. We play the White Elephant game.

Everyone laughs so hard, have such a great time and we all try to make it last a long time.

I usually set up a video camera and try to record everyone. We all enjoy looking at photos and videos when we are together thought our year. 

 

 One tip/idea to help you document the Holidays:

One tip to help document the busy holiday season is to get the whole family involved, ask everyone to take pics of the things they are doing and seeing. You can all share at dinner time and talk about how they are experiencing the joy of the season.

  

 


 There is nothing more fun than playing games with the whole family. This holiday season, start a new tradition the whole family can participate in. 

Let’s have some holiday fun with a good old fashion Scavenger Hunt. You can use the one we are providing or come up with your own.

I created my Scavenger Hunt in my December Life Documented Album. This month’s kit includes lots of wonderful pieces to create this double spread. 

  



I used the Busy Sidewalks 6x8 paper pad by Crate Paper and two extra-large tags as the focal point of this double spread.

To print your scavenger hunt list on the tags. Print the list on white paper, overlay the tag above the printed list and attach the tag with a small piece of washi tape. 

Feed the sheet of paper with the attached tag onto your printer and print as usual. 

 



I thought it would be great to get the whole family involved in the game so I sent each one of them a picture of one of the tags. I have instructed them to snap a photo of any item they come across as they go about their day.

It is going to be fun seeing the photos they take.

 


My husband and I go for walks around our neighborhood and I am sure I will find some of the items on my list around here. Everyone in our neighborhood does a  great job decorating and getting into the Spirit of the Holiday Season.




Make sure you take a photo of your list and keep it on your phone to refer to when you are out running errands. You never know when you will come across an unexpected  decoration.

 



The little houses that are decorating my tags came from the back cover of the Busy Sidewalks paper pad. Companies create such beautiful packaging that can be used in your projects, so always take a look before you discard them.  

I was trying to create a little city or neighborhood feel on the tags, which goes so well since it is a Scavenger hunt in the city.

 



I can’t wait to see the photos we gather as a family and add them to my December album. This will be a great starting point this holiday season.




Don’t forget to grab the free scavenger hunt list I created for you. Feel free to make some changes and customize your list. Have fun with this project!

 



Thank you so much.

Claudia

 



No comments:

Post a Comment