Saturday, October 16, 2021

3 to Inspire with Kira




 Hey there!  It's Kira and I am so excited to be back on the Citrus Twist blog to share a look at what I've been working on.  And today I've have a challenge for you, use these three items on a layout:  

1.  Cut file 

2.  Multiple photos

3.  Patterned paper

Here's a look at what I came up with:

 

I am working with the Hocus Pocus Halloween mini kit to document our 2020 Halloween, so I started by choosing my photos.  I picked two of my son in his Captain Hook costume, one sized to a full LC page (4.25x8.25) and the other to 2x3.  


 

Then I decided on the color scheme I was going to use.  I love the floral print paper included in the kit, so I wanted to play off the colors on that:  pink, orange and yellow.  I pulled out other papers that I felt coordinated well.  

I love the leaves in the Fall Days cut file, and thought they could work well as layering pieces on my layout.  I cut out the outline leaf in pink and yellow and the solid leaf in orange.  They were sized to about 5" wide, but I cut most of the clusters apart before using them on my layout.  


 

Now it was time to start piecing this layout together!  I cut three pieces of paper into strips and layered them on top of each other on white cardstock.  I added some machine stitching on top of a few of the strips.  Then I brought in my leaves and layered them under and over the strips.  I adhered my smaller photo down and added some die cuts and chipboard pieces in the corners.  

On the reverse page I chose the chipboard "October 31" piece as my title.  I thought it felt a little plain so I decided to layer some of the cut file leaves under it as well.  A small chipboard heart finished off the layout.  


 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira 



No comments:

Post a Comment