Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Emma



Hello CTK friends!  Emma back on the blog today to share this weeks Sunday Sketch.  As you know, I do love the sketch challenges ;)

First up, let's have a look at our fun sketch that we're working with:


Our sketch is 12x12 but I haven't created one of those sized layouts for years now, so I had to get a little creative in down-sizing it to fit my Life Crafted album.  Here's a look at the page I've put together:


I've tried to keep to the similar design but just brought the side elements in closer together!  Because the background was plain I thought I'd mix things up by using a little bit of the Vicki Boutin glaze along with the Carta Bella stencil (available in the store).  I'm not big on using the mixed media goodies I have but every now and then I give them a try.



 I love how this adds a subtle pattern to my backing cardstock!


Once my background had dried (the waiting for things to dry always gets me, I even used a heat-gun - just seems to take forever, ha) I started building my layers under my photo.  I used a couple of tags included in the  month's cut-aparts and layered them ontop of the tiny alphabet stickers included in this month's Life Crafted kit.


I typed my journaling up on my computer and just picked a type-writer font.  I've popped it at the top of my page to fill a bit of that white space.

For the bottom of my page I tried to match the sketch - I went with the pink woodgrain paper (to match in with the pink tag I'd used) and added that cute coffee stamp/puffy sticker at the bottom left!


Once my photo and journaling were in place I just added a few extra embellishments - I just love the puffy stickers included in the Life Crafted kit this month and they're a perfect match for this page about our new coffee shop!


This little page came together in no time using the sketch! I love creating these pages for my Life Crafted album - it's such a fun and stress-free size to work with.  I've filled one album already and already a few pages into my second!  Really looking forward to buying the new plastic pockets so I can add a little variety to my album as well!



Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today.  I can't wait to see your pages using it.  Be sure to share your page with us in the CTK Facebook Fanpage!


4 comments: