Tuesday, April 16, 2019

"Love" with Kira

Hey again!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 scrapbook layout using the April Life Crafted kit along with some of the digital elements. Here's a look at my layout:


I started by printing one of the digital TN papers to 8.5x11 size.  My printer has the ability to print without borders (I'm not sure if everyone's does that, but my last printer certainly did not, so I take full advantage of this feature!), so when I pull up the TN papers, I am able to select the print without borders option and get a full 8.5x11 sheet of patterned paper.  I do this ALL THE TIME now.  Lol.



Anyway, I went with this pretty ombre wood grain paper since my son is wearing a blue shirt, I thought the photo would really pop off the page.  I kept my layout fairly simple, focusing on a vertical design with a smattering of embellishments.

One of the things I love best about the monthly kits is the variety of textures and dimensions you receive.  So 99% of the time, I am going to include a bit of chipboard, puffy sticker and cardstock die cuts if I can!  (And I totally did here!)



To add even more texture, I ripped the top and bottom of my page, tucked in some more patterned paper, and even a die cut up top, and then stitched the torn pieces down with some embroidery thread.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira




No comments:

Post a Comment